Once a mere mortal, Arachne dared to call herself better than Athena at weaving. Gods are proud. Calling yourself ‘better than Athena’ is only slightly less dangerous than juggling unpinned grenades.
The goddess challenged Arachne to a weaving contest. Arachne lost. As her punishment . . . well, there are many stories. Some say Arachne hanged herself in shame then became the world’s first spider, the weaver of the animal world. Some say Athena turned her into a spider on the spot, cursing her children for all time to be creepy eight-legged weavers.
No spoilers, but I say Arachne is still out there, waiting for revenge. All spiders hate the children of Athena. How do you think Big Momma Spider feels about them? You’ll find out in The Mark of Athena, and I’ve got to say, this is probably my favorite villain yet!
So, there it is! The last character reveal before The Mark of Athena is released!
18. When you see/hear about anything myhtology-related, you talk about how it was in PJO (what page, book, etc.) and what happened to it.
19. You are suddenly obsessed with Adidas shoes because they have the Hermes symbol.
20. You have dreams about PJO characters/events
21. You carry a ballpoint pen in your pocket.
22. That everytime you pick up a pen, you think it’ll turn into a sword.
23. You go to San Fransisco looking for the Old Sea Man.
24. Whenever your internet slows (or gets shut) down, you yell at the sky and say “HERMES! WHY DO YOU LOVE ANNOYING ME?!”
25. When someone gets married, you say: “I hope you shall not anger Hera”
26. In the beginning of your first History class, you burst out “Will we be studying Greek mythology?!”
27. You pretend (or actually) faint when someone asks “Who’s Percy?”
28. When someone dies, you pray to Hades to allow them to go across Styx for free, because they don’t have drachmas anymore.
29. You pray to Athena when you don’t study for a math test.
30. And when you flunk said test, you blame her irritation on Percabeth.
31. You write fanfiction constantly, even when you’re not at your computer.
32. When your mom grounds you from the computer, you blame it on a combination of Nemesis, Hera and Hermes’ little joke.
33. You want Hephaestus to fix your iPod when it breaks.
34. You give all your friends god parents
35. You call the “Ares kids”, or school bullies, Martians.
*To Be Continued!*
Stay tuned for more! 😀
Shameless stolen from: http://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=211521382253865